Thursday, April 26, 2012

very nice out & back on the beach.  windy though, got eaten up w/ sand.  on the bright side, I'm exfoliated!  need to find out if the sand is going to hurt my running shoes & what I can do about it.  knocked them out when I got home.

took an old ipod w/out checking to see what was on it.  ended up listening to Dylan for most of the run & Elvis Costello at the end.  "what's so funny about peace, love, & understanding" to finish.  after 5 miles in the sun it seemed inspiring.

a lot of posts today on the runners forums about equipment.  garmins & heart monitors, hydration systems . . . . . I've got nothing against any of that stuff & I will probably get one of the new Timex Marathon watches at some point, but one of the things I find attractive about running is the lack of needed equipment.  a good pair of shoes & some shorts, I guess a sports bra & whatever you wear over it if you're a woman, if you care about your speed, a watch w/ a timer, that's about it.  there was a long thread about the different water bottles, I carry an old 12 oz water bottle that I keep in the freezer overnight & wrap in a handkerchief.

No comments:

Post a Comment