Friday, August 3, 2012

issues edition.

continuing computer issues at the home site are making my posting difficult.  We are in contemplation mode at present concerning the purchase of a new one, (I’m lobbying heavily for the new Mac)  & I may be taking ours to the Dr.  

ran Tuesday evening my usual 5 beach miles but missed Wednesday morning’s sunrise run as I was up much of the night before w/ a sick youngun.  Nothing serious & he’s feeling fine now.  Yesterday evening’s run then, was the first run of August.  Ah August, my old nemesis.  If I keep to my current schedule, there will be 8 more evening runs in August.  The evening runs make the early runs seem oh so much more bearable but there’s not much else good to say about them.  

equipment issues.  Tried the yurbuds again yesterday & maybe my sweaty slippery ears are not the norm, but they just don’t seem to work for me.  Several times during the run I had to stop, find, & reposition the bud as one side or the other had fallen out.  I think I’ll be leaving them at home.

physical issues.  I continue to have shin pain for the first 1.5-2 miles, so much so that I’ve had to stop & stretch & even rub my shins.  Oddly, rubbing the shin seems to offer the most relief.  I’ve iced, rubbed, ibuprofened, stretched, . . . I don't know what else to do.  Thinking of getting one of those stick rollers, if one among my legion of readers has ideas feel free to reply!  After that 1st mile & a half, I’m good.  No pain, no problem.  

lot of bitchin & moaning I know, what can I say?  I have issues.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment