Saturday, June 23, 2012

lovely morning for a run, good temp in the mid 70’s, light breeze, but even w/ all that I found myself struggling. Didn’t eat very well yesterday evening, just a sandwich, & didn’t eat anything before my run this morning so that was a factor. I was feeling empty at about 4 miles & thinking I might should walk a bit when I was passed by a fit young woman in a pink skort. Guy runners call that getting chicked. I don’t mind getting chicked, I often find it inspiring, One of my favorite signs I’ve seen at a half marathon said:

This is easy,
just find a butt you like
& follow it for 13.1 miles!

So, I finished strong & feeling young. Thankfully, she was running about a 9:15-9:20 pace, any faster than that & I might have killed myself & this would be an entirely different post. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment