Monday, July 23, 2012

Sunday sunrise run went very well, I somehow managed to get to the beach a bit earlier than usual so my start was in the pre dawn grey & I ran into the rising sun.  As difficult as it sometimes is to live in an area so determined to maintain its backward status, I do love the natural beauty we are blessed with.  I can get up on a Sunday morning & run on a seawall, watching the herons, cranes, & pelicans compete w/ wade fishermen & dolphins for their breakfast or take the kayak out either on the bayous or on the sound if the water’s calm.  One of these days, I’m going to get me a SUP & I’ll be out there w/ the dolphins on calm days!  If I’m craving more surf & emerald green water, Pensacola’s only a couple hours drive away.  We camp at Ft Pickens on Santa Rosa Island & eat oysters at Peg Leg Pete’s after playing in the water all day.  I love it there, my retirement plan is to buy a camper & park it at Ft Pickens.  I’ll run early, walk the beach all morning & then ride my bike to Peg Leg’s for lunch.  

Update on the Yurbuds, they’d done well for Saturday’s 5 miles but became irritating somewhat during Sunday’s 7.  I think it was just the size, they really are quite large,  & weight pulling at the ear.  They still did well & it wasn’t so bad that I’m getting rid of them but I did go ahead & order the Sennheiser’s.  I do like the behind the neck type.  Will see.

Yesterday afternoon I realized that my Dailymile mileage counter was at 1999 miles so my 7 year old & I went for a quick 1 mile run to make it an even 2000!  He’s the reason I started running in the first place, I was a 50 year old father of a 4 year old & figured I better do something if I wanted to keep up w/ him.  

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment